Saturday 5 October 2013


I never thought I'd say it ... but I'm only watching Downton for old times' sake, like a duty visit to a doddery old aunt who's become a bit of a bore. Later, there'll be a sad conversation with a friend when we solemnly commiserate about how it's Dragged on Too Long, and it's Not What it Used to Be, and Do You Remember when it was in its prime? And then we'll say, whatever did happen to that bloke with the bandages who disappeared?
Well, he's probably up on the mantelpiece which is Dollshouse Downton limbo for characters who have died or slipped into oblivion. Along with Tom Kitten-Matthew, may he RIP.
I only discovered the latest wonderfully clever series of Dollshouse Downton the other day ... Don't you think Lady Edith is simply perfect?

7 comments:

callmemadam said...

I have the same almost morbid compulsion to watch Downton.

I adore Dollshouse Downton! When I discovered it I sent links to all my friends. Clever girls.

Gina said...

We started to watch the first episode of this latest series and switched off after 15 mins as it was so boring!

mary said...

But how do you manage to switch off, Gina? I have the same morbid compulsion as Callmemadam.

There is a Cranford-shaped hole in my weekends, Sue, and Downton simply doesn't fill it any more. Still, there's always Homeland.

Cosy Books said...

The dollhouse gang have me wondering if I should buy a box of Hot Wheels and film my own version of Top Gear!

Call me a sucker but I still love Downton.

mary said...

I could feel you sending me a beady glare of disapproval, Darlene. But I am still watching!

Lucille said...

Another brilliant recommendation from Mary. I will just watch this series over and over. There are fewer ad breaks and the storyline will be much the same.

Cait O'Connor said...

I am still enjoying Downton.