Wednesday 18 March 2015

Rosehips and Iris reticulata

Cornflower in Yellow Jug

Blazing Tulips below Magnolia
This is a small, but very pleasing exhibition of paintings by Emily Patrick that's on for another week. I only had a few minutes to spare this afternoon but that was time enough to wish I had the money to buy one. No surprise that they were nearly all sold. I was dashing to meet a friend at the Royal Academy where, despite the 5* reviews, I found myself underwhelmed by Richard Diebenkorn. But you can't look and chat at the same time, so maybe I'm not being fair.

5 comments:

Lucille said...

My goodness these are beautiful.

mary said...

I know. I wanted to stuff one in my bag and make a run for it! Wish I'd allowed more time but knew the friend I was meeting wouldn't care for flower paintings.

Miranda | Miranda's Notebook said...

Oh those are gorgeous! I'd love to try to see this. xxx

Cosy Books said...

I know how much you love flowers, Mary...you must have so enjoyed this exhibit. Such pretty paintings!

mary said...

It's worth the detour if you're in town, Miranda.

Roll on our date in the rose garden, Darlene!