Sunday 1 April 2018

Grease6.jpg

I refuse to believe that it has been 40 years ... but when I said to the young girl ahead of me in the queue that I hadn't seen Grease in a cinema since it first came out, she gave me one of those looks that say, 'That was decades before I was born!'
I nearly didn't go - I mean, I've seen it countless times on TV - but it was such good fun on a grey day and it still has me jiggling in my seat. What I hadn't realised is that it's all based on a real high school in Chicago and the Pink Ladies really existed.

3 comments:

Vintage Reading said...

I remember standing in a queue that went down the street for Grease at our local Granada with it's wonderful art deco ceiling (since pulled down to make way for a car park). Still have a place in my heart for John Travolta!

Gina said...

What fun! I confess that I have never actually seen it on a cinema screen... despite my great age and remembering when it came out!

Mary said...

Oh, Gina, it was fun - now's your chance!