Saturday 29 September 2018























I think I was the only person at the Design Museum - bar one old lady -  who couldn't have stepped into one of these Azzedine Alaïa gowns. (Actually, I was the person who had to ask at the ticket desk if I had jam smeared on my chin as I'd just scoffed a jam doughnut in a hurry ... could that have something to do with it?)
It was the end of the afternoon and there was hardly anyone there. Completely gorgeous - miles better than recent V&A exhibitions - and for anyone interested in dressmaking, you can get up close to see the drape and fall of each wonderful construction. They're timeless and it was impossible to guess which designs were recent and which were 40 years old.
Oh, to be rich enough - tall enough - thin enough - and with the willpower to resist doughnuts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being skinny is not a comfortable thing, you might think you look good but, by heck, it hurts to sit on hard chairs! I have to carry a cushion at all times...

Vronni's Style Meanderings said...

Oh, the dresses look gorgeous! I'm a due a visit to London soon so may be able to squeeze this one in...

Mary said...

Sorry, Toffeeapple, but I just can't sympathise!

You'll have to be quick, Veronica - it closes very soon.