Monday 24 December 2018



I haven't made a gingerbread house in years but I was entranced this afternoon by the Gingerbread City of more than 70 buildings created by architects and engineers and on display at the V&A until January 6. (If you can find it, badly signposted and tucked away on the 4th floor.) Mostly grown-ups there this afternoon and it wasn't crowded but as it's free for children, I think it's the best value Christmas outing in London. (£6 for accompanying adults.) I thought I'd drop in for half hour but there was so much intricate detail that I went round four times giggling over Polo mint bicycles and gingerbread apartment blocks  furnished with allsorts and a sugarloop high line. I'm inspired!

3 comments:

Vronni's Style Meanderings said...

Fascinating and all made out of gingerbread!

Season's Greetings, Mary!

Cosy Books said...

I would love this, Mary! The Ice Cream Infirmary made me laugh....and you`ve made me wish we had a package of all-sorts in the house. Off to rummage around the chocolate cupboard....

Mary said...

You would indeed love it, Darlene! But who wouldn't?
Belated happy Christmas, Veronica.