Monday 7 November 2011

Even though Downton Abbey was getting sillier every week, I feel quite bereft. (Although I'll cheer up once The Killing starts again.)

I wonder what happened to the amnesiac Elephant Man who thought he was the Rightful Heir? He has simply disappeared ... maybe he came to and thought, whoops, sorry all, just remembered I'm supposed to inherit Chatsworth not Downton. Maybe, like Tracey in Coronation Street, he has gone to Play Upstairs for the next decade.

Matthew looks as if he needs a good dose of syrup of figs. I am sure that Downton Abbey boasts up-to-the-minute Edwardian plumbing and it is hard to tell whether he is overcome by emotion or the binding effects of Mrs Patmore's puddings.

I cannot for the life of me remember why Miss O'Brien left the soap by Lady Cora's bath when she was pregnant.
However, I have always wondered if Thomas might be her illegitimate son. Or younger brother. Or something. Or Rightful Heir to that dead rat that she wears on her head.

Didn't Lady Cora bounce back quickly from her 24-hour Spanish flu?

I do hope that Anna wasn't as disappointed as I was when she finally saw Mr Bates with his clothes off? (That'll be Mrs Patmore's puddings again.)

Family Man Lord Grantham, who is devoted to his wife, has slapped a super-injunction on the Downton Village Gazette and we are not allowed to comment on his fling with that over-familiar housemaid.

10 comments:

mary said...

I know it's awful rubbish, Sue, but I was hooked! But what do you think of Sarah Lund in a new red jumper ...

Anonymous said...

Mary that is hilarious! Now, just to recap, the soap was all about ensuring that Cora slipped and had a miscarriage which she obligingly did. Matthew does that intense look so...well so intensely doesn't he, I was a bit worried the mirrors might crack. And poor Anna, surely she knew what really lay 'neath that valet's attire?? I still remain hopeful that Carson and Mrs Hughes will get caught in flagrante in the linen closet. Now what about Edith, who is left for poor Edith, not much spare left now Sybil's properly poached the chauffeur.

mary said...

I think Edith will be the spinster who ekes out a living writing Persephone books, Lynne.
I remember the miscarriage ... but what I can't remember is why Miss O'B wanted her to lose the baby.

Lucille said...

Horrors. The recording doodah was full and didn't record the last episode. I am now watching it on a painfully inadequate computer screen. Back shortly when I've caught up.

Lucille said...

Brilliant wv 'morium'. I'm guessing they're all going to die.

Lucille said...

Gah! Cannot see for tears. Bring on the Christmas Special.

Anonymous said...

Pasty post coital Bates was something I didn't need to see on a Sunday night!!

I am waiting with bated breath for the Christmas special. If Mary and Matthew don't get together by then I give up all hope.

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself this Sunday. There is a Downton Abbey shaped hole in my life!

mary said...

Cheer up, Lucille - he's bound to get off. They can't possibly hang him during a Christmas special!

Oh, Rachel, wasn't he flabby - the camera lingered far too long on those rolls of fat. Poor Anna.
But it has certainly left a gap in my Sunday evening. I am waiting for series 3 and hoping that Maggie Smith will take up the Charleston.

Anonymous said...

I've managed to miss all of it. I think I might be glad of it now.

mary said...

It was highly addictive, Toffeeapple.