Tuesday 16 September 2014


The cupboard at home is bare.

Over the past few days, I have stuffed myself on Bara brith - Chorley cake - Morecambe rock - Grasmere gingerbread - Kendal mint cake - smoked boar chop - smoked damson sauce - thunder and lightning ice cream - scones and jam - black pudding - parched peas - did I mention baked Alaska and steak and chips ...

I think I can fairly say that I did my bit to support regional cooking in the north-west.

So what's for dinner shouldn't be the pressing problem of this afternoon.

Except a girl's got to eat!

2 comments:

Magic Bean said...

Thunder and lightning?
I've just eaten but now I feel hungry again...
Ax

mary said...

Chocolate, vanilla and cinder toffee. I, on the other hand, feel as if I shouldn't eat again for a month, Magic Bean.