Sunday 25 June 2017


It has been a very floral Sunday. I picked honeysuckle, just because -

And limeblossom for tea as it obligingly hangs low from the trees all down the lanes -

And marigolds to put in a cheesecake -

And roses, pansies and borage, to be crystallised in sugar. They'd have gone on top of the cheesecake except every crumb disappeared before they were dry.

If this sounds too bloggy and idyllic, I now have very achey shoulders from fiddling with tiny flowers and I wish somebody else would cook my dinner.

I suppose a readymeal would be letting the side down.

5 comments:

Lucille said...

I love the smell of lime blossom. I thought I'd missed it this year. I think you earned an easy supper.

Mary said...

It makes quite a nice tisane, Lucille - and I don't normally care for fancy teas.

Vronni's Style Meanderings said...

It most certainly would, Mary! Standards must be maintained, you know. What a shame you ate the cheesecake before you could decorate it with the crystallised flowers...

Mary said...

It wasn't me, Veronica ... I barely had a mouthful! Still, there will be other cakes to decorate. But I maintained standards and staggered to my feet and roasted a chicken. And I'm very glad I did, as there's still plenty left and I've just got in from work and I'm whacked!

Anonymous said...

The Lime blossoms are not quite ready here. I am watching and waiting.