Friday 24 November 2017



Does touching the top of a pagoda bring you luck? I've no idea - but I touched it anyway as I'm never likely to be up there again.
The Kew pagoda is under wraps and covered in scaffolding at the moment but I put on hard hat and goggles and workmen's boots and felt relieved that there was a lift to go up the top. (Of course, when it reopens visitors will have to climb up on the inside not the outside.)
It will be quite a sight when it's finished with 80 spectacular dragons adorning the roofs. Not the original dragons which disappeared in the 18th century, but 3D printed dragons. How clever is that!

4 comments:

Vronni's Style Meanderings said...

Wow! I bet there aren't many people around who have touched the top of the pagoda at Kew! One to tell the grandchildren...

mary said...

Well, I haven't got any grandchildren so I'm telling you, Veronica! I was thankful it was a lift , not ladders!

Cosy Books said...

Ooh...the vantage point of that photo shows the pagoda to be a lot taller than I would have thought. You're brave, Mary!

mary said...

Must have been the Shard of its day, Darlene!