Sunday 25 January 2015


I'm looking forward to the TV adaptation of the Lewis trilogy, although it won't be on for ages (and to my holiday on Lewis and Skye). Watching this tonight has put me in the mood. I'm not sure I fancy the local delicacy - pickled guga and potatoes - it sounds like codliver oil on a plate - but the scenery is stunning.

Clearly there's several of you who enjoyed these books and will also be looking forward to the TV series. Perhaps I should have made it clear that it will be a good while yet before this hits our screens. Meanwhile, the programme I watched (see link above) is still on iPlayer - it's a documentary (part English, part Gaelic with subtitles) about the books and the people and places who inspired them. Sorry if I caused any confusion. Must not blog carelessly late at night!

6 comments:

Gina said...

Looking forward to that... When will it be hitting our screens?

Anonymous said...

I guess the next query is...which channel please ?. I have looked all over. Thanks. lisa

mary said...

Not for ages, unfortunately, as BBC have bought rights but it's still 'in development.'

Magic Bean said...

Oh my. I didn't realise it had been screened- I LOVED these books. Off to investigate now.
Ax

mary said...

No, no ... not yet! Think I'd better go back and make this clear!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

By the sound of it , 'delicacy' might be stretching it a little . Adding milk to the menu would make it gag-making !
But I still envy you your trip next summer .