Wednesday 19 November 2014



I thought I couldn't imagine any Mapp and Lucia other than Prunella Scales and Geraldine McEwan - but, on the strength of the first episode of the new series, Miranda Richardson and Anna Chancellor are absolutely brilliant and I simply love Richardson's face whenever Miss Mapp is thwarted.
Just in time ... my Sunday evening was quite ruined when I belatedly realised that the rather abrupt and unsatisfactory ending the previous week was actually the end of this series of Downton. I suppose they must eke it out ... because once Tom and Lady Mary walk down the aisle - which is my pet theory, so it's bound to be wrong - that has to be The End.

9 comments:

Mystica said...

I hope Tom does not end up with Mary. Sad!

Lucille said...

Oh! Has it started? What night is it on? I can't find it.

mary said...

Well, maybe the two children then, Mystica? Although Lady Edith also seems to be getting pally with Tom - and then they could both sail off to America and nobody would bat an eyelid at Marigold?

Keep at it, Sue - you just haven't wasted as much time as I did yesterday!
And you haven't missed it - it hasn't started yet. BBC but I don't know when. I only saw the preview.

kristina said...

Thank you so much for reminding me--I'd forgotten there was a new adaptation in the works--will keep an eye out now! xx

Lucille said...

Panic over. Thanks!

Cosy Books said...

If you end up being right and Mary comes down from her high horse then I will buy you a cup of tea!

If you're giving Mapp and Lucia a thumbs up then I will risk a peek.

mary said...

I think she's mellowing, Darlene! If it's a double wedding with Carson and Mrs Hughes, I want cake!

Cosy Books said...

You're on!

mary said...

But will we know by the time you get here?