Friday 16 December 2011

A time-waster for when you can't face writing another Christmas card. If you want to join in, complete the sentences with the title of a book that you've read this year.

I began the day with A Visit from the Goon Squad.

On my way to work, I saw Fattypuffs and Thinifers

and walked by The House of Mirth

to avoid Nemesis

but I made sure to stop at A Place of Greater Safety.

In the office, my boss said, Our Spoons Came from Woolworths

and sent me to research Brodeck's Report.

At lunch with Lady Rose and Mrs Memmary

I noticed Some Tame Gazelle

under The Pattern in the Carpet (and The Hare with Amber Eyes under Flowers on the Grass),

Then went back to my desk Alone in Berlin.

Later, on the journey home, I bought The Dolls' House

Because I have Family Values.

Then, settling down for the evening I picked up Letters to Monica

And studied How to be Alone,

Before saying goodnight to My Ántonia.

I'm always amazed that, no matter what the sentence, there's always a book title on my reading list that fits.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's clever.

mary said...

Maybe you could devise one cookery books, Sue.

Cornflower said...

Another lovely version!

Darlene said...

Who doesn't want to start their day with a visit from the Goon Squad?

Cait O'Connor said...

I will try this.

Anonymous said...

Heh. Hope you didn't call anyone a Fattypuff!

mary said...

I suppose I could have begun with The Christmas Truce, Darlene!

Have a look at Cornflower's blog, cait. There's many more for inspiration.

Nicola, if you've read the book, you'll know that Fattypuffs have more fun.