Friday 25 May 2012

Couldn't resist Cornflower's book titles game in honour of Chelsea Flower Show, so here's my effort:

Early this morning, as I was waiting for The World's Wife, I stepped out of The Crowded Street and bent down to touch Terra Incognita. 
As dawn broke and I took in my surroundings, I noticed several things: Half of the Human Race was struggling due to Ghastly Business,  Bricks and Mortar had been dug up in The Paper Garden under the Oak, but with help from The Other Elizabeth Taylor and knowledge gleaned from The Language of Flowers, I was able to bury them with The Sense of an Ending.
Later The Expendable Man popped in to take a cutting or two. Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal, he told me but he pointed out The Odd Women. 
Taking a well-earned rest from the weeding and chatting over the wall with Mrs Bridge from next door, I mentioned A Card From Angela Carter and remarked on Freedom. But then Gillespie and I, we said, Down the Garden Path and I went back to do a little light pruning.
My garden was once The Best of Everything but tending it is a joy and part of A Bigger Message.

Anybody else like to join in?

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Your titles work so well! I especially like The Odd Women showing themselves once again.

mary said...

Odd Women fit in on every occasion, Darlene!

Anonymous said...

I like yours! Some of those titles work really well!

Cornflower said...

I'm loving reading all the different versions!