Sunday 26 August 2012

The blackberries from the allotment are so fat and juicy that they taste of blackberry wine.
I picked enough for several crumbles,
Or a big blackberry and almond cake.
Or should I defer gratification
And make blackberry vodka?
Decisions, decisions. The Foragers' transparency code
(Section 1, Urban blogger : Type D, easily distracted) decrees that having publicly declared said blackberries,
They shall not be left to go mouldy in the fridge.
Although this has happened in other years.

5 comments:

mary said...

Tiny kitchen, no freezer, Sue! I'm feeling very drawn to the diet option ie the blackberry vodka. And maybe a crumble if there's some left.

Darlene said...

The blackberry and almond cake would get my vote!

My neighbours are back from Tennessee and brought me some Huckleberry jam. The only Huckleberry I've ever heard of is Finn!

mary said...

Darlene, whichever I make I'll need to get up to the shops - no almonds, no vodka!

Anonymous said...

Vodka! It is reasonably priced in Aldi. I have just bought some to pour over the Raspberries I bought at the same time, they were £1.00 cheaper than at Tesco for the same weight.

mary said...

No Aldi around here, Toffeeapple. In the end, I made blackberry whisky; recipe says leave it for a year, but I expect I'll be tasting it for Christmas.