Saturday 1 December 2018



I can't tell you how much I enjoyed seeing The Favourite last night: Olivia Colman is brilliant as gouty, petulant Queen Anne - it's clever and funny and the costumes and candlelit palaces are heaven for someone like me. There's a small display of costumes from the film in the cinema foyer. (Everyman, King's Cross)
There was so much to take in - I wanted to linger over every detail and wished I could shout, 'Hold that C18 cake! Lady in Row F needs a close-up!' But before the film started, they carried in a vast blue and white cake - if you look at the trailer, you'll see the Queen stuffing her face at 0.32 - and cut up big slabs for the audience. A taste of the movie ... that's a trend we should encourage!
Now I really want to see it a second time. (And not just for more cake!)
 

2 comments:

Vronni's Style Meanderings said...

I really, really like Olivia Coleman as an actor and as for getting cake while watching a play - yes please!

Mary said...

I'd only seen her on television until now, Veronica; she really is excellent and now I'm looking forward to seeing what she makes of QE2.