Monday 5 March 2012
















I nearly missed this really lovely documentary with the very engaging David Hockney but there's still time to catch it if you're quick and it's the next best thing  to seeing the RA exhibition for those unable to get there.
And I especially loved the bit at 52.28 when Andrew Marr says it's time for him to shut up and allow the viewer simply to look ...
in silence, without any intrusive music.
I do wish I had Andrew Marr's job.
Not the politics.
But sharing Maltesers with David Hockney? (That's at 30.25)
I could do that!

7 comments:

kristina said...

Thank you so much for the heads up. I've just downloaded it on the iPlayer. We watched the Lucien Freud documentary this weekend. Now just have to get to the actual exhibitions! K x

Darlene said...

Curses on that statement that the programme is only available in the UK. I did enjoy a little fantasy about inexpensive flights this time of year though.

mary said...

Sorry, Darlene. I know that must be irritating!

Great to hear from you, Kristina. You seemed to have disappeared! You mustn't miss the exhibitions - you'll gasp when you see the Hockney. I thought Freud looked a bit cramped at the NPG. Would have been better in a different space, especially as it's so crowded.

Anonymous said...

I saw part of the Marr/Hockney programme and thought how gentle and good it was. I must watch it in full, thank you for reminding me. You are the second person to say that the Freud was cramped.

I wonder why people overseas are not allowed to watch on iPlayer?

Emma Lee-Potter said...

Sharing Maltesers with David Hockney sounds fabulous. And I'd love Andrew Marr's job too!

mary said...

Would be a great job description, wouldn't it, Emma!

Miss Holly said...

Thank you so much for popping by my site and for your lovely comment!!!! I adore David Hockney!! I hope I will be able to see this program...I really don't know much about the artist himself.....thank you and happy day!