Sunday 1 July 2012

I've been listening to the radio all afternoon, enjoying this discussion about Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont -
and a concert conducted by the wonderful Gustavo Dudamel. I had free tickets a few days ago for a rehearsal of his second Festival Hall concert (on Classic FM tomorrow night) and was swept away by the fabulous Rituales Amerindios. Despite a very un-fabulous audience of latecomers in squeaky shoes and squalling children whose mothers were impervious to death wishes from all around them.
So there's something to be said for listening in peace at home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame on squeaky shoes and squalling children! I heard quite a bit of the programme with David Baddiel and realised that I had read that book years ago. I am currently reading the E. Taylor Collected Stories, with relish!

scrumptious days said...

I missed book club! Must have a listen on the iPlayer. Stupidly I was too late to download Ulysses!
Did you watch Richared II? I thought it was fabulous, highly recommend.

mary said...

I've just listened to it again on the radio, Toffeeapple, and the only person causing a disturbance was me dancing around the room. Not a fairylike sight these days!
I've read quite a lot of her short stories but I would like to have that new collection.

mary said...

Oh dear, has Ulysses disappeared, Jude? I listened to a few of them and meant to go back for more, though the introductory bits were rather annoying.
Hope I can still catch up with Richard II.