Monday 27 April 2020



A lucky find this afternoon - just as I sat down with a pot of coffee and some of yesterday's Ciam'bellone All'Acqua which isn't so bad, what you might call a Good Plain Cake. It's a talk about textiles, from Tracy Chevalier, whose most recent novel was inspired by these kneelers at Winchester Cathedral; Nicola Beauman, whose grandfather's rug is now a Persephone end-paper; and Clare Hunter, fascinating on this lovely embroidery from the Miao clan in China. You can find the talk here.

2 comments:

Vronni's Style Meanderings said...

I commented yesterday on your blog about the Vere Hodgson book but I was having problems with my internet and I'm not surprised the comment hasn't appeared. I loved the book - thought it conveyed the everyday frustration, boredom and fear of the ordinary people in London extremely well. I sent a copy to my friend who was undergoing chemotherapy at the time and she loved it, too.

Thanks for the link to the talk. I'm off to listen to it now...

Take care
xxx

Mary said...

That's why I thought it might be worth going back to it, Vronni - that it might suit the mood of the moment! Not exactly living in fear, here - but everyday boredom is creeping up on those who aren't homebodies!