Saturday 23 May 2020



COVID checklist: Clean oven - X
                              Read Proust - X
                              Lose half a stone - √
                              Then gain a stone - √
                              Learn to make sourdough - perhaps better not.
                             
Like a Victorian lady, my excursions are limited by how long I can hold out without a loo! So as nothing is happening that's worth writing about, here's one for all ladies of a certain age who refuse to be written off yet!

6 comments:

Lucille said...

My weight loss and gain pattern mirrors yours.

Mary said...

Yes, not quite sure how that happened, Lucille. I did very well the first week when I was panicking about supplies - clearly wartime rations are good for me!
I'm surprised anybody is still reading. I can honestly say that I was never cut out for a simple life of domestic pleasures!

callmemadam said...

Oh, that video is great and just how I feel. Dilly Keane used to be around much more; time for a revival.

If you read MD in Private Eye, extremely well informed about Covid and handing out the truth, rather than propaganda, you still can't help feeling that he thinks everyone over seventy (I'm older than you) should just piss off and die and save everyone a lot of trouble and money.

Vronni's Style Meanderings said...

Hilarious!

Cosy Books said...

Morning, Mary! Loved that video so much I've watched it twice and shared it with a friend this morning. Dillie Keane is fabulous.....Dominic Cummings is not.

Mary said...

I don't think they tour as often as they used to, Callmemadam - but my friend's daughter bought tickets for us to see them at QEH before Christmas - and they were hilarious!
Don't you just love the way they push back the retirement age - because you're fine to work a 40-hour-week at 68 (assuming anyone will still employ you!) - but at 70 you're an expendable drain on the economy!

Hi Vronni. And I know you can out-walk (and out-shop!) most 20 year olds!

I think Dillie struck a chord with many of us, Darlene!