Sunday 16 August 2020

 Beat The Devil

Well, I said if it's on I'm going ... just booked my first masked and socially-distanced theatre outing if only because it's Ralph Fiennes and it was only £10. Feeling slightly peeved that so few seats are available to single people as they're all blocked off in twos and threes, but I suppose singles aren't economically viable (and I can't be bothered ringing round to see if anyone else would like to come - I know I'm the yellow canary!) 

I'm quite near the front ... so I do hope he's not one of those spitty actors! Didn't think of that until after the ticket had processed. 

Not till October as so few single seats were available - but I reckon I'll need a night out by then! (I don't  suppose they'll still be selling freshly-baked madeleines in the Bridge Theatre bar? Probably not!)

I do wish it was something a bit more cheerful, though!   

4 comments:

Lucille said...

I was in the second row for Billy Eliot years back and not only got showered with spit but had hairpins flying at me too.
I think one of those clear plastic visors would be advisable. (Nearly a pun)

Mary said...

Years ago I was near the front during the Leenane Trilogy - and during one of the plays they're gleefully whacking at statues. Half a Virgin Mary went flying into the stalls and cut my finger. I should have sued! I kept her for years for luck!

Pam said...

Yup, I'm all for cheerful at the moment. Sigh.

Did you get luck, Mary?

Mary said...

I'm still waiting for the lottery win, Pam!

I did wonder about booking that play - but who knows when I'll get a chance again as theatre options seem limited. I wasn't tempted by Talking Heads as they've just been on television.
But next week's plans are much cheerier ... I've booked a slot for Gauguin and the Impressionists and a Boris lunch at restaurant where you'd normally struggle to get a table. They'll make a forward planner of me yet!