Wednesday 14 October 2020


At last ... something I want to watch on TV! I'd completely forgotten that we were due a second series of Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials - hurrah! This series covers the second book The Subtle Knife and opens with Lyra's arrival in the deserted city of Cittàgazze - so brilliantly recreated that it's exactly as I imagined it. I've only seen the first episode but five minutes in and I was enthralled again by parallel worlds and glamorous, dangerous Mrs Coulter; it's so good that I might forgive BBC for the absolute dearth of anything worth watching through the pandemic. 

2 comments:

Vronni's Style Meanderings said...

It's on my watch list, too, Mary but I still have to read the books..

Mary said...

The books are wonderful, Vronni - but this adaptation is very true.