Sunday 27 November 2022

Harrods looks as if it could be made of gingerbread, anyway, don't you think?
And though it had never struck me before, Christian Dior bore a remarkable resemblance to a gingerbread man. What a brilliant idea to recreate Dior's atelier, his seaside childhood home and his chateau in Provence as an entrancing gingerbread grotto. Free to get in - and when you think that a visit to Father Christmas at Hamleys is a whopping £50, I'm sure lots of little girls would prefer this. Only grown-ups on the morning I went - but it was a schoolday - oohing and aahing at all the tiny Dior gowns. Wouldn't Mrs 'Arris have loved it?

7 comments:

Pam said...

I think CD looks a bit like P G Wodehouse.

£50?????? My goodness.

Mary said...

Horrendous, isn't it, Pam!

And I see what you mean about PG Wodehouse.

Vronni's Style Meanderings said...

It does and he does, too!
xx

Vronni's Style Meanderings said...

You are so right, Mary. He is the gingerbread man!
xxx

Pam said...

Are you all right, Mary? There's been a long gap. Hope all is well.

Mary said...

I'm fine, thanks, Pam. Just a mild attack of January lethargy - and somehow, the longer you leave posting, the harder it is to get back. I think I managed to get more done when I was working longer hours!
Hope you're well, too - and belated happy new year!

Mary said...

PS Pam - I couldn't manage to comment on your blog - but your amaryllis are splendid! I keep giving mine the benefit of the doubt in the hope that they will flower again - and they have, occasionally, in the past but nothing but spindly leaves in absolutely ages. I'm not the most nurturing of plant-lovers ... do they need feeding?