Tuesday 31 March 2020



Today's lunchtime treat, listening to Penelope Wilton read from one of the best biographies ever!

Trying hard to waste not want not - and I fear tonight's spag bol, which might yet morph into cottage pie, will have a retro 1970s quality that owes more to Oxo Mum than Anna del Conte - however, we're still a week away from food historian Annie Gray's Spam and pineapple sorbet pizza.  A classic!
Now wondering what I can make with two cans of corned beef and Ambrosia creamed rice.
#dystopiandishesforthedesperate

2 comments:

Vronni's Style Meanderings said...

Corned beef hash followed by rice pud, of course!

Heard the Charles Dickens very late the other evening. Must try and catch up on iplayer and listen from the start...

Stay safe
xxx

Mary said...

I quite like corned beef hash, Vronni - but it's many years since I ate a tinned rice pud. I'm not sure what came over me!